Friday, May 22, 2009

Meeting with the girls.

After bragging about how great of a hostel I am staying in, I went to go shower after I published my post and there was no water! Ah! Luckily, I was able to shower succesfully this morning! After reading about 200 pages in my Twilight book, I was finally greeted by the girls in my group. There are 16 of us total and I think we will have a really great time together! Learning names is another story...that may take me a while. We went to Marielos's house today for some orientation type stuff. It was a good opportunity to get some of the pre-program/family jitters out and get to know eachother a bit. Marielos also made some awesome food! I LOVE all the food here, it is delicious! Arroz con pollo for lunch (rich and chicken), and Chalupas (different from Taco bell- flat tostada, refried beans, meat, lettuce, picco de gallo, cheese, sour cream) We also took a dip in her pool which is basically on the top of a big hill so you can look out and see all of the valleys and volcanoes. Sweet view to say the least. Tomorrow is the big day to meet host families. We will then stay with them for the weekend, so we can get to know eachother better.

Much more on that later!

No comments:

Post a Comment