Monday, June 1, 2009

Too much fun!!!

I couldn´t possibly be loving it anymore than I do here. Everyday is amazing and gets better and better. I feel like I always have something to look forward to. Last week, right when I got settled in with the Estrada Naranjo familia, I had to move! Very very sad, but more on that later! First, a replay of my weekend. Friday night I went to Justine´s brother´s futbol game, the people here are ridiculously good at futbol. My class was supposed to go to the game in San Jose against the US which I guess is a HUGE game for them but the tickets were sold out before we could buy any. So we are taking class off so that we can go a house of one of the families to watch the game on Wednesday. After the futbol game, Justine and I met up with all the girls at a bar that is in front of our school. It was so much fun and the girls got to know eachother a lot better! Good bonding time! I love the girls from my program, they are awesome and I have SO much fun with them. Saturday morning, we went zip lining. One of the most memorable experiences of my life! It was crazyyyyyyy went went through line 30 zip lines and rappeled twice. At one point in the middle, we stopped and swam underneath a waterfall!! It was amazing. We also saw monos! (monkey) They were climbing a tree right by us! The zip line crew of workers were pretty young and of course loved us American women and invited us out dancing! So Saturday night we all went up to the mountains to a little bar to meet up with them. It was funny because we thought it was a strip club at first because there were sketchy pictures of girls in lingerie but then discovered it wasn´t thankfully haha. Anyway, we DANCED the night away and the guys were whipping us around the dance floor teaching us salsa and all kinds of crazy moves that could only be done by Costa Ricans. So so so so so much fun! I have sooooo much fun with the girls here! Then Sunday, my family and I went to the mountains again to meet my abuelo y abuela (grandma and grandpa), it was really nice to spend the last day with my family and we had a really good time. When I had to say goodbye and leave it was sooooooo sad. My momma tica and hermana tica were CRYING it was so sad. I felt like I was really part of their family and only after 1 week! We are going to keep in touch though and I will be lucky enough to have 2 families here. Today, Monday, I moved to my new house in Miramar. My house is ridiculously nice. I can´t wait to put pictures up. We actually have a dog and 3 cats that I can play with which is nice! My momma tica is really nice and her personality reminds me a lot of my real mom! We also have a maid? Crazy I know, she washes all the clothes, cooks, cleans, ect. My dad is away during the week and my sister is at the university so I won´t see them much. My 2 brothers are really cute, they are much quieter than my other brothers. This family is much different than my last one. They also have a workout gym, a volleyball court (my brothers like volleyball a lot so I will have to work on my skills---DREW) a ¨ranchero¨ with a fireplace, hammocks, jaquizzi, everything thats relaxing in the world, haha and is surrounding by exotic fruit trees, coffee plants, vegetables, ect. I am able to take WARM showers here which is sooo so so so much better and I also have internet! The only problem is, my stupid computer doesn´t work so I have to use theirs and I officially won´t be able to skype while I am here. Oh well, anyway, things are wonderful here and this weekend we are planning to go to Arenal the gran Volcano of Costa Rica, very active! It shall be fun! More updates later!

Hasta luego

No comments:

Post a Comment